Chengelo's PTA exists:
- To promote understanding and fellowship between School and Home with the aim of sharing responsibilities. The overall aim should be to advance the physical, moral, intellectual and spiritual well being of the students.
- To provide opportunities for parents to enter into the activities of the school and to assist in its development.
- To give assistance to the school as requested by the Heads.
- To raise funds for projects approved by the Heads.
The PTA is governed by an Executive Committee. This body of elected parents and staff meet regularly throuout the year to voice parents concerns and carry out the regular business of the PTA.
In 2014 the Executive Committee members are:
- Mr Alan Nyirenda (CHAIRMAN), Kitwe
- Mr Mtaziwa Kumwenda (VICE –CHAIRMAN), Mkushi
- Ms Stephanie Gabriel (TREASURER), Kasama
- Mrs Getrude Imbwae (SECRETARY), Lusaka
- Mr John Silondwa, Kabwe
- Mr Ketan Tailor, Kabwe
- Mr Shailendra Ragha, Kabwe
- Mr Berry Mwango, Kitwe
- Mrs Beauty Banda, Lusaka
- Mr Mutakela Lisimba, Lusaka
- Mrs Mutumba Kaluba, Lusaka
- Eng Sharon Musonda, Lusaka
- Mrs Diyase Moyo, Lusaka
- Mr Harold Rea (Director, Chengelo School)
- Mr Charles Alford (Head of Secondary)
- Mr Warren Mukuni (Head of Primary)
- Mr Richard Thompson (Head of Ndubaluba Outdoor Centre)
- Mr Chriss Banda (Deputy Head (Pastoral))
- Mr Beverly Hamutete (Physical Education, Primary)
Annual General Meeting
An Annual General Meeting of the PTA is normally held each year at the end of Term 3.