Chengelo is planning to establish a teacher training facility to offer the CIE diploma in Education (click here for more information) to existing staff in the School and to newly qualified graduates. We are looking for a qualified teacher or teacher-trainer with experience in training newly qualified teachers. The role will involve becoming the accredited 'Programme Leader' for the CIE diploma.
TEACHER TRAINER : PROGRAMME LEADER
Profile and role
The programme leader will receive training and be accredited as a programme leader for the Diploma Centre. The programme leader is pivotal to the success of the Diploma programme.
The Programme Leader should have:
- Have a clear Christian commitment, with a track record of leadership and service within their Church.
- Have a willingness to serve, within the school, and to engage with the wider community.
- Minimum of 5 years’ practice as a teacher or trainer, holding a minimum of a Bachelors degree. A post-graduate qualification in education or adult education will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ responsibility as a team leader for other teachers/trainers.
- Current responsibility for organising professional development activities for colleagues and/or teacher/trainers attending the Centre’s programmes.
- Experience in a school with a strong Christian teaching ethos.
The Programme Leader is required to:
- Design and manage the Diploma programme(s) in the Centre so that individual and institutional needs are fully met.
- Communicate all CIE information about the Diploma to candidates and colleagues involved in their support, so that they fully understand the Diploma requirements.
- Design a Christian Education module as part of the Diploma course for Chengelo.
- Coordinate candidates’ professional development and their preparation of assignments to meet the performance criteria and assignment guidelines.
- Ensure that the work contained in every candidates’ submission is complete and authentic.
- Ensure that the entry documentation is complete and correct..
- Manage the attendance and work of other trainers, mentors and visiting speakers as necessary.